Following the launch of the Nezha single board computer (SBC) last year (article from hackster.io), T-Head and Alibaba are back at it with another linux-capable SBC. The RVB-ICE is a brand new board (available to pre-order) which features two C910 RISC-V cores running at up to 1.2GHz. Packed alongside this CPU is a Vivante GC8000UL GPU and a neural processing unit (NPU). Supporting these core components is 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 16GB of eMMC storage.
According to T-Head, the RVB-ICE can support Android 10 and Debian 11, with a developer kit including a 7-inch capacitive touch screen.
The RVB-ICE can be pre-ordered here.
The RVB-ICE will feature the following specifications:
- Alibaba T-Head ICE with dual-core XuanTie C910 RISC-V processor @ 1.2 GHz
- Vivante GC8000UL GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4
- 16 GB eMMC flash + MicroSD card slot
- NPU AI Accelerator
- RGB888 LCD interface up to 1080p; the devkit includes a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display (LCD) with 1024×600 resolution
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port, WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB: 1x micro USB 3.0 OTG port, 1x USB-C port for serial and power
- Expansion: 2x 24-pin header with GPIOs, 2xUART, I2C, 1x SPI, ADC
- Misc I/O: 2x User buttons, 1x reset button, 1x LED
- Power Supply: 5V via power barrel
Due to supply issues, the board is quite expensive at $430 for the developer kit. However, it is expected that the RVB-ICE will reduce in price once supply constraints ease.
Editors note: As of 17/10/21, the AliExpress page shows the product as “no longer available”. We interpret this to be the product having sold-out during the pre-order phase. Hopefully the product will return to ‘in-stock’ so that we can get our hands on one!